Avocados are a tasty fruit with a creamy texture and it grows in warm climates.It has a big stone like seed inside it. Health benefits of Avocado include improving digestion, decreasing the risk of depression, and protection against cancer. The avocado is a unique fruit that can be use as salad,vegetable ad fruit. While most fruit consists primarily of carbohydrates, avocado is high in healthy fats. Numerous studies have shown that it has powerful health benefits.
A single 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving:
- Vitamin K: 26% of the daily value (DV)
- Folate: 20% of the DV (Daily Value)
- Vitamin C: 17% of the DV(Daily Value)
- Potassium: 14% of the DV(Daily Value)
- Vitamin B5: 14% of the DV(Daily Value)
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the DV(Daily Value)
- Vitamin E: 10% of the DV(Daily Value)
- It also contains small amounts of magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, phosphorous and vitamins A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin).
- Avocado May Help Prevent Cancer. Some studies have shown that nutrients in avocados may have benefits in preventing prostate cancer, breast cancer, liver cancer and lowering side effects of chemotherapy.
- Avocado Extract can Help Relieve Symptoms of Arthritis. Few studies have shown that avocado extracts can significantly reduce symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- Avocado is very good for heart health. Avocados contain 25 milligrams per ounce of a natural plant sterol called beta-sitosterol. Regular consumption of beta-sitosterol and other plant sterols has been seen to help maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
- Avocado helps to lower the risk of depression. Foods containing high levels of folate may help to decrease the risk of depression because folate helps to prevent the build-up of homocysteine, a substance that can impair circulation and delivery of nutrients to the brain.
- Avocados are great for good vision. Avocados contain lutein and zeaxanthin, two phytochemicals that are especially concentrated in the tissues in the eyes where they provide antioxidant protection to help minimize damage, including from ultraviolet light.
- Avocados help to control blood pressure. Avocados are rich in potassium. Potassium is an important mineral that most people don’t get enough of. Avocados are very high in potassium, which should support healthy blood pressure levels.